Last modified: April 27, 2017
Policy applies to the Headset, Inc. (“Headset,” “we,” or “us”) owned and
operated websites available via headset.io and its subdomains (the “Sites”). Headset
knows that you care how information about you is used and shared. This Privacy
Policy explains what information of yours will be collected by Headset when you
access the Sites and Headset Services, how the information will be used, and
how you can control the collection, correction and/or deletion of information.
We will not use or share your information with anyone except as described in
(including offline) or from other sources. The use of information collected
and our Terms of Service available at http://headset.io/company/terms-of-service (“Terms”). Capitalized
in the Terms.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Sites.
- Through the Headset Services.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you
and the Sites.
- When you interact with applications on third-party websites
and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any
other website operated by Company or any third party.
- Any third party, including through any application or
content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Sites
or through the Headset Services.
Please read this policy
carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information
and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices,
your choice is not to use the Sites or Headset Services. By accessing or using the
policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Sites and the
Headset Services after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those
changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 18
The Sites and Headset Services
are not intended for individuals under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may
provide any information to or on the Sites. We do not knowingly collect
personal information from individuals under 18 years of age. If you are under
18, do not use or provide any information on or use the Sites. If we learn we
have collected or received personal information from any individual under 18
years of age, we will delete that information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT
We collect several types of
information from and about users of the Sites, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name,
postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, and any
other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to
access the Sites and usage details.
collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Sites.
Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses,
and information collected through cookies.
- Through the Headset Services.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US. The information we collect on or through the Sites may
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the
Sites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the
Sites, subscribing to the Headset Services, or requesting further services. We
may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Sites.
- Information taken from your point of sale system through
the Headset Services;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email
addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete
for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Sites and
of fulfillment of your Orders. You may be required to provide financial information
before placing an Order.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES. As you navigate through and interact with the Sites, we
may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information
about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Sites, including traffic
data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that
you access and use on the Sites.
- Information about your computer and internet connection,
including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect
automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information,
but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in
other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Sites and
to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to
customize the Sites according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to the Sites.
with automatic data collection through the Sites. A cookie is a small file
placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser
cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you
select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Sites.
our system will issue cookies when you direct your browser to the Sites.
We do not collect personal
information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal
information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we
collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal
- To present the Sites and its contents to you.
- To provide the Headset Services.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that
you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account and subscriptions,
including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising
from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and
- To notify you about changes to the Sites or any products or
services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the
- For any other purpose with your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR
We may disclose aggregated and
anonymized information about our users, and information that does not identify
any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties
we use in connection with providing the Headset Services and supporting our
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger,
divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or
transfer of some or all of Headset’s assets, whether as a going concern or as
part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal
information held by Headset about the Sites’ users or Authorized Users are
among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process,
including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply the Terms and other agreements,
including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to
protect the rights, property, or safety of Headset, our customers, or others.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND
DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices
regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created
mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you
some parts of the Sites may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact
information used by the Company to promote our own products or services, you
can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we
collect your data or at any other time by logging into the Sites and adjusting
your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the
relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If
we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to
be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to
information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty
registration, product service experience or other transactions.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR
You can review and change your
personal information by logging into the Sites and visiting your account
You may also send us an email at
to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have
provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we
believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the
information to be incorrect.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section §
1798.83 permits users of the Sites that are California residents to request
certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third
parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please
send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures
designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from
unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you
provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment
transactions and transactions or transfers of data through the Headset Services
will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your
information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have
chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Sites, you are responsible
for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password
Unfortunately, the transmission
of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our
best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of
your personal information transmitted to the Sites. Any transmission of
personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for
circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Sites.
It is our policy to post any
to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you by email to
last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for
ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you,
contact us at email@example.com