Welcome to our monthly cannabis market overview.
You may notice we're reporting on four markets in this month's Cannabis Market Overview (CMO) versus our standard 10 markets. The world is a weird place right now. We know we don't have to tell you that, but Covid-19 policy changes continue to impact legal cannabis markets in different ways. Accuracy and quality data are two things Headset will never sacrifice and we've decided to hold the projections for a handful of markets in order to ensure you have the truest info at hand. With that, we've got the latest numbers to show you - let's jump in!
- Total sales = the total amount of sales for the month.
- YoY sales growth = calculates the percentage change in total sales from the same month last year.
- Basket count = is the total amount of transactions for the month.
- Average basket = total revenue divided by the total number of transactions.
- Brand concentration = is the % of the market that the top 10 brands make up (in terms of sales dollars). EX: in CA in Dec 2019 the top 10 brands held 32% market share.
The California Market
This month, the Vapor Pen category had steady growth, driving a good chunk of Raw Garden’s sales. The brand saw three consecutive weeks of over $6 million in Vapor Pen sales with an average item price of $43 for a cartridge.
The Colorado Market
Wana’s Sativa Sour Gummies (100mg) saw significant sales growth this month with over $224k in sales within the second week of March. This product alone brought in 11% of the brand’s total sales.
The Nevada Market
After only recently entering the NV market in September 2019, Old Pal’s top selling product, Fire OG (Ounce), hit a new sales record with more than $1M in sales last month contributing to more than 25% of brand’s total sales. This aligns with the patterns of sales growth among larger Flower package sizes that we have reported on in our COVID-19 blog (updated daily).
The Washington Market
Heylo recently launched a new cannabis infused hand sanitizer, HIGHGIENE to help cannabis users combat COVID-19. This product is a 2:1 THC-CBD full spectrum cannabis infused hand sanitizer with 100mg of cannabinoids per bottle and 65% alcohol. In addition, Heylo is donating 5% of sales from this product to the Seattle Foundation.