Welcome to our monthly cannabis market overview. We've compiled five metrics for four legal cannabis markets to help you monitor and compare market performance.
- Total sales = the total amount of sales for the month.
- YoY sales growth = calculates the percentage change in total sales from the same month last year.
- Basket count = is the total amount of transactions for the month.
- Average basket = total revenue divided by the total number of transactions.
- Brand concentration = is the % of the market that the top 10 brands make up (in terms of sales dollars). EX: in CA in Dec 2019 the top 10 brands held 32% market share.
The California Market
This month, Stiizy saw significant growth from their top selling product, Purple Punch Cartridge (Gram). By the 4th week of April, sales topped over $96k, tripling since the first week of sales of $30k
The Colorado Market
Veritas Alleviate Popcorn (Eighth) came out on top this month with total product sales reaching $47k within the first 2-weeks. Topping over all bulk flower products in favor of smaller “pop-corn“ style buds.
The Nevada Market
During the week of 420, Remedy saw a significant jump in flower sales as they topped over $486k for the week!
The Washington Market
Oleum’s top product was Gushers Honey Crystal (Gram) concentrate with sales over $61k for the month. Oleum sells them around $20 a unit, that’s $8 more than the average item price in the category ($12).